Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sheep Shearing Sisters



Sisters in Christ, that is.

A few of the Crew ladies got together today to learn how to shear sheep.
No one had ever done it before…



They had two pair of old fashioned scissors-type sheep shearers but those didn’t work well. These are special women though – they do not give up and when confronted with a problem; instead, they work a way around it. They ended up using a pocket knife, regular scissors, electric clippers, and pinking shears.



The sheep didn’t really like it but they endured and, when done, the women placed the wool in a trash bag for storage. The owner is going to wash, dry, card, and try to spin it.



I wasn’t there so I cannot add much more.

I guess the main point is, just because you “don’t know how” to do something does not mean that you can’t do it. My wife and I learned to butcher deer by trial and error and we can now take one apart and package it for the freezer in about an hour. I reckon these ladies are on their way to becoming quite the sheep shearers!



Another point is to get out and DO stuff – and when you do, do it with friends.

I’ll see ya out there.

And David heard in the wilderness that Nabal did shear his sheep. – 1 Samuel 25:4

.................................................................................

If you have any comments I’d love to hear them.
If they really interest me, I may even post them.
You can reach me at Joe

You can also join us to discuss this and other issues at Viking Preparedness Forums

Prepared Americans for a Strong America

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home