Monday, August 25, 2008

A Quarter of a Million Miles





I bought it in 1991 after an all day bargaining session after which my wife said, “You did that the hard way – but you got us a good deal”.

I drove it across the country (all the way) four times. I drove it through monsoon rains, in the jungles, in the mountains, in the deserts and through the suburban wastelands.

I have slept in it, hauled dead deer, busted snow banks, towed lesser vehicles out of predicaments, and shot from inside it. It has taken trips around the world (on a ship) twice.

Today we had a little mishap during a training session. It is pretty messed up. Won’t drive forward anymore but does great going backwards in 4WD.

The hill was steep and covered in rocks and trees. My buddy and Brother in Christ T helped get it safely down the hill – he is a wild man. He is smiling because I just gave it to him.

He’s gonna chop off the front, fix the front end, paint it cammo and we are going to use it in our 4x4 and shooting courses.

Not the blog entry I wanted to bust my dry spell on but it is what it is.

It’s been a tough day.

You can read some recovery insights here: http://vikingpreparedness.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=419

...................................

And they shall come, and shall rest all of them in the desolate valleys, and in the holes of the rocks, and upon all thorns, and upon all bushes. - Isaiah 7:19

1 Comments:

At 29/8/08 01:55, Blogger irishdutchuncle said...

we do get attached to them don't we.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home