Monday, October 15, 2007

I'm Back!




Guys and Gals, I have not abandoned you. I have just been incredibly busy these last eight weeks or so. I have taken a few courses and classes and taught more. As an instructor I need to stay sharp, stay on top of the latest concepts and ideas out there and yes, have fun too. To that end, I recently took Gabe Suarez's Extreme Close Quarters Gunfighting. I am not exaggerating when I say I have had the privilege to receive some of the best handgun training in the world over the past 20 years or so. Until I took Gabe's course, I had a rucksack full of techniques that worked for me. Let's just say Gabe emptied my ruck on the sand and kicked a lot of my techniques to the woodline. I have changed the way I operate with a handgun. I unreservedly recommend Gabe as an instructor. He is a true Christian Warrior and at the top of his game.

I was also signed up for a SouthNarc class that I really wanted to attend but it was an on-again-off-again affair and I had competing requirements for that weekend so I pulled out. My bud took his wife to the course and it was evidently as good as ever. SouthNarc is another guy who is operating on the cutting edge of combatives and I will get to one of his courses eventually.

I've been upping my martial arts training as well - I currently have two private instructors and they do their best to smoke my brain and my body every week. I have also been trying to get some good long runs in before the snows come and I am relegated to the treadmill. I have been flirting with the idea of taking up ultra marathons again but I don't think I can dedicate the time I need to to make it work. Basically I'd need to give up four to six hours every Saturday for longer runs and I am really tight on time right now.

I have been instructing combatives during the week and am signed up to give a week long class to a group of warriors in the next week or so. In the past month I've conducted two women's self-defense courses and have been contracted by a high school to teach a one-day course there later this month.

The last three weekends, including all of last week I've been out in the timber teaching wilderness survival and SERE courses and I have another one-day course coming up in two weeks.

I am in the final third of a book I am writing and which I hope to have out next year sometime - my last student convinced me to get back on it and finish it. For that, he'll get a free copy!

That, plus my "normal" duties, should help explain why I've been away from the computer.

I resolve to do better.

Keep the mail coming - I don't publish it all, but I do read it all.

See you out there.
.................................................................................
If you have any comments I’d love to hear them.
If they really interest me, I may even post them.
You can reach me at vikingservices@hotmail.com

Prepared Americans for a Strong America

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home